Friday, March 14, 2014

Paul Glimcher - Video Lecture

Postings here have been a bit thin and slow lately. I've been teaching a lot. Work continues when it can, though. I'm working on adding something about neuroeconomics. In the interim, here's a very fine talk by Paul Glimcher of NYU, on the subject of "Neurobiological Foundations of Economic Choice". Glimcher has extraordinarily deep understanding of a variety of economic theories, and of brain science. This is a fairly accessible, and very clear and lucid, exposition of the outlines of his research programme. It's really well worth watching, and a useful introduction/companion to Glimcher's terrific 2011 book Foundations of Neuroeconomic Analysis.

Elsewhere on this blog you can find one discussion of a paper by Glimcher (and Levy) reviewing and extending some of the neural evidence for a common currency: The Root of All Value.


1 comment:

  1. Your blog is exceptionally enlightening. Eating carefully has been hard for individuals nowadays. It's all a result of their bustling calendars, work or absence of concentrate on themselves. As an understudy I should concede that I have not been eating carefully but rather due to this I will begin now. It could help me make the most of my nourishment and time alone. Eating carefully may help me know about sound sustenance and acknowledging nourishment. Physics institute for IIT JAM

    ReplyDelete